Thursday, September 4, 2008

Show us what you got, Sarah

I'm feeling bad, because I know I didn't devote as much venom to the Democrats as I'm currently sending in the GOP's direction, but I find the following needs saying on my part:



Being on a winning high school basketball team doesn't qualify you for higher office.
Marrying your high school sweetheart doesn't make you a good leader.
Having values doesn't make you a proven agent of change.

I don't want to say Sarah Palin is unqualified to be a candidate for vice president. She may very well be eminently qualified, but the Republicans aren't saying much about the things that make Gov. Palin a good choice to join John McCain on the campaign trail as a prospective member of the Executive Branch.

The conservative pundits in the above video clip have identified it as both "narrative" politics and "gimmicky." I can't say I disagree. I look forward to learning about where the candidates stand on the issues, not how many kids they have or how many kids their kids have.

Let's make public the same info John McCain used in picking her for the GOP ticket for the public to decide whether she and McCain are worthy of our votes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

The once and future savage outpost for my semi-meaningful thoughts and monologues that are too long for Twitter and not good enough to be sprawled across the front page of every major metropolitan newspaper in America with 120-pt. headlines. Also, the occasional diversion via YouTube.

Meditate On This

Most of the great artists never live to see their work truly appreciated on a global scale... Vincent van Gogh. Johann Sebastian Bach. Keyboard Cat.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP