Monday, May 19, 2008

Obama vs. Clinton, starring two white guys


This, I feel, is the best visual representation of the ongoing primary battle between Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. I say this because I couldn't find a video of the infamous Black Knight from Monty Python's "Holy Grail" -- an apt metaphor for the Clinton campaign, if you ask me.*

You may recall, I predicted some time ago that the race would be over May 20. While many will argue the race has been over for a few weeks now, I'm still hoping Mrs. Clinton will step down after Tuesday's primaries to satisfy my ego.

Blast from the past: "Buzz is not enough to win the election... neither is piggybacking off someone else's record." I think Obamamania definitely cooled with Clinton's wins following Super Tuesday, but Clinton's pitch hasn't completely abandoned the "I was in the White House for eight years" line in favor of "I was in the Senate for seven and a half years." That's probably why we're seeing this prolonged primary struggle -- both the candidates are doing enough right to downplay what they've done (and are doing) wrong.

* -- Okay, I pulled your leg. I have the "Holy Grail" clip in abundance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

The once and future savage outpost for my semi-meaningful thoughts and monologues that are too long for Twitter and not good enough to be sprawled across the front page of every major metropolitan newspaper in America with 120-pt. headlines. Also, the occasional diversion via YouTube.

Meditate On This

Most of the great artists never live to see their work truly appreciated on a global scale... Vincent van Gogh. Johann Sebastian Bach. Keyboard Cat.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP