Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grounded

American Airlines, as reported by The Associated Press, canceled more than 1,000 flights on Wednesday, stranding 100,000 travelers in the process. And now word is that about 900 more flights will be canceled Thursday.
News like this causes me great unease. Not to brag, but I cannot remember any time when I've had the misfortune having a flight significantly delayed or canceled in my lifetime. Call me lucky, smack me on the head for flaunting it in your face.
There are few bad memories I have of flights — most have been ideal ordeals wherein I enjoy sitting and reading or working on a laptop and listening to headphones in the 90s, an iPod in the 2000s while waiting to board, then cracking a book and quietly reading and enjoying a complimentary ginger ale while in-flight.
My next flight anywhere sees me boarding early next month, but I won't be flying American, presenting a different set of concerns, such as what kind of snack can I get for $3 after they took away my free honey-roasted peanuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

The once and future savage outpost for my semi-meaningful thoughts and monologues that are too long for Twitter and not good enough to be sprawled across the front page of every major metropolitan newspaper in America with 120-pt. headlines. Also, the occasional diversion via YouTube.

Meditate On This

Most of the great artists never live to see their work truly appreciated on a global scale... Vincent van Gogh. Johann Sebastian Bach. Keyboard Cat.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP